This Easy Chili Cilantro Lime Chicken is salty, sweet, sour, and spicy and is great on salads, with rice, or in burritos and wraps!
- 4 medium chicken breasts boneless, skin-less (or thighs)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- zest of one lime or 1 tsp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- Whisk the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Place chicken in a large plastic bag or bowl and add the marinade to the chicken. Mix to combine. Seal bag or cover bowl with plastic bag and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Pre-heat grill, pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Grill chicken fillets for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and the skin is golden and lightly charred. Rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve on salad, rice, noodles, or tortillas. Garnish with chopped cilantro and Enjoy!