These vegan chili are Super delicious, easy to make, crowd pleasing, nutritious, and tasty vegan chili!
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups each of cooked kidney, black and garbanzo beans (or 1 (15oz) can of each – drained and rinsed. discard the fluid) 4 1/2 cups total
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbs chili powder (spice blend not red chili powder or cayenne)
- 28 oz can crushed tomato
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbs agave syrup or sugar
- sauté onions in olive oil until tender
- add spices and cook additional 1 – 2 minutes
- add tomato paste and stir for 1 minute
- add remaining ingredients and heat, covered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30 min.
- Optional: 2 or 3 cloves of crushed garlic or a tsp of garlic powder (or to taste)
- chopped lettuce and cilantro
- vegan shredded cheese
- sliced avocado or a dollop of guacamole
- vegan sour cream
- When cooking for suspicious carnivores, or nervous “almost-vegans” I have on occasion thrown in a package of veggie crumbles to give them the mouth feel they are used to. It’s a good use for the “analogue meats”.