These vegan Enchiladas Verde are filled with roasted vegetables and topped with homemade salsa and cashew cream for a delicious plant-based and gluten-free dinner.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 serranos pepper roasted (optional)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup Salsa Verde or store bought green salsa
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15 oz can of corn
- 3 small zucchinis
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 4 cups loosely packed kale chopped
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful cilantro
- 2-3 green onions
- To make the cashew creme, place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Place in a refrigerator until ready to use. If you don't have a high-powered blender, soak the cashews for at least 4 hours first.
- Make the Salsa Verde according to these directions.
- To make the enchiladas, preheat the oven to 350. Slice zucchini in 1/2" pieces and mix it with sliced onions, corn, and garlic. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over vegetables and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are fragrant with brown spots on the outside.
- In a large skillet, sauté kale and black beans until the kale has wilted a bit.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the kale/bean mixture along with 1/2 cup of salsa verde. Set aside.
- Soften the corn tortillas to make the pliable. To do this, wrap them in a slightly damp cloth or paper towel and microwave them for about 30 seconds, until steaming. The steam will soften the tortillas so that they can be rolled without tearing.
- Place 1/2 cup green salsa on bottom of an 9x12 baking dish. Put about 1/4 cup of filling in each tortilla and roll up. Repeat until all the tortillas are rolled and the filling is gone.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving with cashew cream and toppings of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy!