This is a very special chili because it is a no bean chili, making it paleo and whole30 compliant. You don’t even miss the beans! Instead, I added in lots of good-for-you vegetables. I actually like this more than chili that has beans in it!
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 of a medium butternut squash, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can marinara sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- toppings of choice: sliced jalapeno, scallions, avocado, diced red onion, cilantro, limes, etc.
- Heat a dutch oven or large soup pot over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the onions, bell peppers, carrots, celery, garlic 1 teaspoon salt and pepper for 10 minutes until softened. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same dutch oven over medium low heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the turkey for 10 minutes.
- Add the spices and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir to combine with the turkey.
- Get full recipe==>>tasteslovely.com