Italian Herb Baked Meatballs are the perfect recipe to learn how to make meatballs the right way. They are truly the most amazing meatballs we have ever had. Our baked meatballs are beautifully browned on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I used 88%)
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated (or minced)
- 2 tablespoons marinara
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, portion out meat and place on baking sheet. After all meatballs have been scooped onto tray, roll into balls and place back onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- Remove and transfer to sauce or serve immediately.
- If you lightly coat your hands with olive oil before rolling the meatballs, they will form better and crack less.
- You can substitute dried herbs and spices for a quicker recipe.
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning for the fresh herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder for the fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder for the fresh onion.