Get this tested, easy-to-follow recipe for thin and crispy gluten free coconut cookies. Made with crushed, toasted coconut, these drop cookies are so easy!
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (90 g) unsweetened coconut flakes (chips)
- 1 1/4 cups (175 g) all purpose gluten free flour (I used Better Batter)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (109 g) packed light brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons (140 g) virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled (or use 1:1 unsalted butter, at room temperature)
- 1 egg (50 g, weighed out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. Line rimmed baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper and set them aside.
- On one baking sheet, place the coconut flakes in a single layer and place in the center of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until beginning to brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until no longer hot to the touch. Crush the toasted coconut chips into smaller pieces in your hands. Raise the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Get full recipe==>>glutenfreeonashoestring.com